- These instructions assume your email account has already been setup and is collecting email correctly.
- Take a note of any settings you change.
- Only change the items specified - you should not need to change either your email address, POP3 server, POP3 username / password.
- These instructions are only for Microsoft Outlook 2003 - for other email programs please see How To Setup inboxFX SMTP Server or contact us.
- We have instructions for alternate port which is generally used if your ISP blocks the normal port 25 SMTP access (as most ISPs do these days!).
- Load Microsoft Outlook 2003
- From the main screen open the the 'Tools' menu and then select 'E-mail Accounts...'
- Select 'View or change existing e-mail accounts'
- Click the 'Next >' button
- Click on the email account to modify - this will cause it to become highlighted
- Click on the 'Change...' button
- Change the 'Outgoing mail server (SMTP)' to the SMTP server we supplied with your signup email
- Click the 'More Settings...' button
- Click the 'Outgoing Server' tab
- Tick 'My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication'
- Select 'Log on using'
- Enter the InboxFX SMTP username and password we supplied
- IMPORTANT: 'ibfxusername' is an example - if if your inboxFX SMTP username was 'srfc1234' enter it as that and *not* as 'ibfxsrfc1234'
- Tick the 'Remember password' option
- Click on the 'Advanced. tab
- Change the 'Outgoing mail (SMTP)' port number to the alternate port (port 2525 is recommended)
- 'Ok' button
- Click the 'Next >' button then the 'Finish' button
- You should now be back to the main Outlook 2003 screen
- Close Outlook 2003 and then reload
- Check you are online then test to ensure you can send mail correctly
- All done!