- These instructions assume your email account has already been setup and is collecting email correctly.
- Take a note of any settings you change.
- Only change the items specified - you should not need to change either your email address, POP3 server, POP3 username / password.
- These instructions are only for Mozilla Thunderbird 1.0 - for other email programs please see How To Setup inboxFX SMTP Server or contact us.
- Load Mozilla Thunderbird 1.0
- From the main screen open the the 'Tools' menu and then select 'Account Settings...'
- Select 'Outgoing Server (SMTP)'
- Change the SMTP server name to the SMTP server we supplied
- Change the port number to: 2525
- Click on 'Use name and password'
- Enter the AuthSMTP username (it will ask for your password when you first go to send a message)
- IMPORTANT: 'ibfxusername' is an example - if your inboxFX SMTP username is 'abcd1234' enter it as that and *not* as 'ibfxabcd1234'
- Make sure 'Use secure connection' is set to: No
- Click 'Ok'
- You should now be back to the main Thunderbird 1.0 screen
Close Thunderbird 1.0 and then reload
Check you are online then test to ensure you can send mail correctly